Tuesday, July 31, 2007

As I promised

Kris and I hung out the whole time. It was very comforting to have a grown-up friend to complain to. And complain we did. Although, I was pretty convinced that I would forget all the bad parts and want to go again next year.








The amphitheatre is an amazing design. We were situated on a grassy hillside with awesome acoustics. The stage was clearly visible, as was the canyon beyond. We watched the sunset before our eyes every night.

































M' and his best friend were thinking they were the bomb. Boys on the verge of teenagerness are silly, cocky, and cute, all at the very same time. It's an endearing combination.

D' had a great time, too. The other kids were a lot older than him, yet they were so very accepting of him. I bought him a squirt bottle to mist himself with in order to keep cool, and he sprayed that thing constantly. Very annoying after a while.

Everyone there was wearing Jesus Tee Shirts. You know the kind, right? So I wore my own tee shirt with a message. It says, "Are you stalking me? Because that would be really cool." I bought it in case KJP would agree to meet me for coffee in Seattle.

4 comments:

kara said...

When was that first picture taken? Cause you all are way to cute for no showers for 4 days! Maybe it's the extremely large sunglasses that distract from everything else!

Love the T-shirt! And I'm so glad your home!

Cathy said...

You look smashing, darling.

Really.

And your boys? Adorable as usual.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, do I look like that in pink?!!!! Makes my hair look much lighter!

ha-ha

kjp

Jenn said...

You look just like your mother in that last photo, only with lighter hair. It's weird really because you also look like my mom.