Monday, April 28, 2008

In Which Tigger Drinks Heavily

Some days there's no help for it. Drinking heavily is the only answer.

There was a time when I thought that my very soul would be rent asunder if God should withhold from me more children. I am better now.
I spent the day with a four month old teething baby, with a strong set of pipes. Now I know that I am too old and tired to ever rear a newborn.
How does Kanga do it? You never see her tippin' back the honey pot.

Just look at Pooh: I never believed that was straight bee's honey, if you know what I mean. That's a beer belly, that is.





I'm not really going to drink heavily. Mostly, I just need Calgon to take me away.

Perhaps Yvonne will take me away. She's off to an adventure in Greece. Be safe, Yvonne. I shall pray you Godspeed.

I shall feel suitably worn out from watching that baby, and I shall consume something moderately low-cal.

Or chocolate. Whichever.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea...
See I teach at a Nazarene Univeristy and therefore, had to sign a contract that I (among other things) would not consume any alcohol. Too bad for them, I AM a chemist and work with alcohols all the time, some must go through my skin...
Anyhooo, I miss my days with Sam Adams: after a loooooong Saturday with a 2.7 and 0.5 year old.
Oh well... I am off contract for the summer, very soon.
-J

Rebecca said...

Hmmm. I vote chocolate. Dark. With peanut butter or cream cheese. Possibly cherries -- but not with peanut butter. Low cal is out the window.