Yesterday was a satisfying day.
My yard got mowed by two able bodied youth. I planted things. Kara came over to help me with the yard work and the baby. Soubanh did something to make my sprinklers work.
We took turns holding the baby and doing yard work. Me and Kara, not me and Soubanh.
My front yard is very near to being respectable.
Kara, I've discovered, is very adept at digging. It must have something to do with her personality. She has a way of digging her heels in figuratively, and she does seem to apply this to a shovel.
My personality likes to skip over things that are not fun. So, when I encountered difficulty with the shovel, I just called for Kara. We were a good team.
I love to have a lovely yard. I mean, I think I would love it. It's been so long, that I can scarcely remember.
My rebate check from the IRS has greatly aided my pursuit of beauty, though. I am envisioning statuary and fountains. The reality is that I now have bark, and a flower or two. Which is certainly an improvement, but rather far from the formal gardens I wish for.
There's more to be done today. I am all fired up to get outside and do something.
Also? I exercised yesterday. I know...don't faint. I went for a run that included a lot of walking.
Who knows what all I might get done today? Look out!
No comments:
Post a Comment