Wednesday, May 07, 2008

In case you were wondering

Peanut butter really does get gum out of hair.
Kara's daughter was over here the other day.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a chunk of gum in her sweet head of hair. She said she didn't do it. It was D's fault. He bounced her on the trampoline, and the gum came out, and then she landed in it.
Which, in my mind, presents a picture of a gooey gob of gum poised neatly atop her head. Not so. It was fairly worked into the deepest recesses of the meanest tangle in her pretty hair.
I googled the problem, as you would. Our options were peanut butter, or olive oil.
Kara said "cut it."
I got out the creamy peanut butter and set little Maddie on the counter. Tell me that wasn't fun! I got to smear her hair with food. It kind of made the gum ball-up, like a sweater that shouldn't have gone in the drier. Then it combed out. We washed it with dish soap to cut thru the grease, but it totally worked.
Now you know.

No comments: