Saturday, May 10, 2008

In the Dining Room, with the Candlestick

Where is the camera when you need it? I have got to start carrying that. Plus, I need a notebook, like a reporter. I think I forget most of the bloggable things that go on. Which is a pity, really.
My friends can be very amusing. You should be a fly on the wall when we get together.

We girls were puzzling over what it could be that makes us look older. Is it gravity? None of us has wrinkles yet, but we all show age. Are we heavier? Is it that our hair has lost it's sheen? Can a different haircut make me look more youthful? Jenine, ever practical said, "I look older because I am older." Hmm...I'd never really thought of that.

We were discussing gas mileage and the cost of filling the tank. Who isn't discussing that at a dinner party these days? My Camry is very fuel efficient, but the others there have SUVs. Patsy was trying to tell us about one guy and his terrible gas guzzler. She couldn't think what kind of car it was...."You know that kind of car that you can live in?"(meaning an RV.) She did point out that one can technically live in any vehicle.

Kara talks very much like she dances, with both hands above her head. Which is very entertaining. She has this passive personality with a fun side. (Phlegmatic/Sanguine, if you know the lingo) And she's downright entertaining when her Sanguine takes over. Darn, if I haven't forgotten all the funny things she said. I was in stitches at the time.

Is the sun down yet? We got sidetracked on that bit of trivia, and kept looking at the clock and the position of the sun above the horizon....mountain....whatever. It didn't go down until after 8.

Lisa told us about her fruitless attempt to entice the Mormon soccer moms to a bar, to hear a live band (called the Silver Mullets) with the promise of margaritas. "Mormons can have margaritas, right?" First of all, I think they'd need stronger than a margarita to go hear a band with that name. And secondly, I don't think most Mormon soccer moms are likely to be sipping mixed drinks at a bar. Only we Christians do that.

Soubanh wanted to deep fat fry...... everything. He settled for grilling Prawns the size of a mastodon. They were so delicious.

Mike wanted to set a fire, a big fire. Jenine wanted a small fire, so there was none. Why even have a fire unless the entire forest is in danger? Where is the fun in that?

Mike sweated and wept over the Thai spicy sauce. Then he had seconds. And thirds. That stuff is spicy, like, it could actually ignite the forest.

The children caught lizards. And a squirrel. Whose son skinned said squirrel? Right. That would be fever-boy.
Good food. Good friends. Good gas mileage.

Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wrinkles? I had to go look in the mirror to be sure. There are most certainly wrinkles.

Last night was fun. I love our friends! You missed the pool tourney and dance off later on in the evening. :)

Happy Mothers Day Friend!

I'll see you soon for another evening of revelry!