Friday, May 30, 2008

Kelly's Daycare

Remember how I was complaining about the plethora of children underfoot, only yesterday? Next week all that will change radically. This baby I've been watching was a temporary gig, and today is the last day he'll be here. The 3-year-old will be here Monday and Tuesday, but that's the end of that for the summer, since his parents are school teachers. I will have 2 little boys 2 days a week, and they are delightfully easy kids to be with.
Though this sounds like a welcome rest from the usual frantic pace, it also smacks of poverty. It's one of those occasions for me to trust that God will provide, as He always does.
I love that I don't have to work full time, outside of my home. I am so thankful that I get to be home parenting my own kids, while I have a couple extra kids running around. It's more like having a big family than like having a job.
Feel free to send me a check for several thousand dollars, though, if you want.

2 comments:

KJP said...

The check is in the mail, ha-ha-ha!

One of two jobs I have loved in my life was actually my first job - working in a daycare. I had four year olds and I loved every minute of it.

Of course, now I know about duct tape and in experimentation with my children and their friends have discovered that not only do children loved to be duct taped but it also keeps them busy for hours trying to get free! And then they are ready to go for it again!

What a wonderful invention, duct tape...

(no don't try this at home! leave duct taping of children to professionals! :^) )

Anonymous said...

That was totally my idea for the kids at house church! Duct Tape! remember? Aparaently the concept of duct taping children is universal, who knew?

k