That last post? Kind of a cop-out.
What a week it has been.
My eldest son has had a fever. All. Week. Long. We went to the doctor on Wednesday, because I thought 104 was a tad too high. The doctor agreed. He said, "Take a Tylenol and call me in a couple days, if he's not better." I could have done that. By Friday, he wasn't better, so the M.D. called in antibiotics. This morning he is vastly improved. Which means that he is annoying the heck out of me. He is goofy and hyper. In fact, he has been slowly unloading the dishwasher for about an hour, because he keeps trying alternate uses for each item. Frying pan? Weapon. Silverware? Weapon. Coffee mug? Weapon. Are you seeing a theme?
I have been the Queen of Productivity all week.
I planted so many new plants. There are roses and petunias and even a tree. I don't know if the tree will take. It was a transplant. This tree is one of those kinds that pops up unexpectedly, the kind that you can't kill. It's quite tall, and I massacred the roots in removing it from it's chosen spot under the eaves of my home. I took the thing out to the middle of the yard.
I painted my picnic table a stunning magenta (that's pink, boys), and put it in the front yard. I know that sounds horrifically white trash, but I am comfortable with that. We've used it, now that it's out of reach of the dogs. I crowned it with a marigold, and it looks quite inviting.
Also, I painted my bathroom at long last. It's a lovely pale blue, like a glacier in the sun. It makes me happy. The paint was a mis-mixed gallon that I found for 5$. Love that!
Anyway, now I have to be a real grown up, and actually pay bills and clean. That's the day's goal. So, why am I blogging instead.....?
3 comments:
Kel, I WANT A MAGENTA PICNIC TABLE!! I think that would be Just The Thing for our back yard!! Who knew that one would ever get envious of such a thing!!
Cousin J the Eldest
Hi!!! Jess, how nice to see you here.
It sure brightens up the front yard. I think it will actually blend into the landscape a bit more once my Peonies bloom...
If you want the tree to live, immediately strip ALL of the leaves off of it. ALL. Every one.
I know it sounds crazy, but the tree will use it's resources to keep the leaves alive. If you remove the leaves, it then turns it's resources to growing new roots. And in may make it! Good Luck!
Post a Comment