I went for a lovely morning run yesterday, which has the ability to color my mood all day. Exercises is good for my attitude. It used to be that I could tackle a four mile jog without much work. These days, I am not so ambitious. Right about the time I was hitting my stride, I realized that my knees hit theirs about a decade ago. Now they protest just as the rest of me is getting into the thing.
It was a good day, yesterday. I went to the Mall on a little shopping excursion. J.C.Penny loves me, as does Mervyn's. They each sent me a little gift card for my birthday, on account of I am such a good customer. I spent a grand total of 3$ from my wallet, and I got cool sunglasses, and a pair of shorts. Size 4 shorts. Which are a four in their size. As in, less than 5, yet more than 3. Who's a skinny girl?
You and I both know they are likely mismarked, but my self-esteem doesn't know that.
Much of the nation seems to have embraced Summertime weather, but here in the backwoods of Idaho, we're a tad bit chilly. It's the second week of June, and we're not yet warm enough to swim. We had Summer for a week and a half in May, but now my tan is fading. My birthday is right around the corner, and I hear there's a pool party planned, with a rafting excursion. This will be decidedly unpleasant if we keep the frigid temperatures.
Have I told you about how my eldest son is going hunting? He has a remarkable opportunity to hunt bear. So,next week you should pray for him. He'll be in the back country with wild animals, and a large caliber loaded weapon, and men who don't shower. Maybe the following week, I'll take him skydiving.
My house wants cleaning, and my little size-four self needs a bit of exercise. Have a wonderful day, Internet friends.
4 comments:
Hope he does not get a bear, nasty tasting animal! But, hanging out with unwashed men - that is what life is all about!!!!! Nothing like camping, sitting around a campfire and swapping hunting stories.
And I hate women's sizes! ARGH! My favorite ex-step-mother I have to shop in the petite teen area and if I buy anything for GG, I have to cut the label off so that she will not have a fit that a number that high actually fits her. She will respond much better to a man's XL than a female 16! So, she has lots of guy shirts... Women!
I need chocolate...
Ha. Men don't worry about sizes, as much. Maybe because it has something to do with being content to be unwashed and smelly for a week, think so.
Now, a bear hunt, that's exciting. I'd refrain from eating the meat because of trichinosis risk... We're going hog hunting. Which, hmmm, carries the same risk of trichinosis. thinking...
Hope he has fun!
Bear hunting. Now THAT's a man's sport I suppose. I was down wind of a skinning of a black bear once... the guy with the knife cut into something he should not have. I don't think I'll ever forget that smell.
Happy Birthday to you!
SLB!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment