Thursday, July 17, 2008

In which thanks is given

Today was not bad, as days go.
I've been reading in the Psalms, because they seem to suit my erratic mood of late. I can't seem to concentrate on major points of doctrine, but "God is with me" I can handle. Funny how even a spiritual life can ebb and flow. Is nothing safe from the ravages of the female hormones?
I was talking to God this morning about the state of my finances, which are similar to my love life, in that both are absent entirely.
I've heard people talk about how God answers prayers in the 11th hour. This has never been my experience. As I see it, God waits until way past the 11th hour, until I'm good and desperate, then He sweeps in for the rescue. It's quite romantic, really.
The Psalms are full of this idea. Where the author cries out, "How long, O Lord? Wilt Thou forget me forever?" Already he feels forgotten, and apparently has for some time.

A friend called out of the blue today with a job opportunity that could be such a huge answer to prayer for me. (Pray please!) Then she asked if my bills are paid. "Which ones are not?" She asked. Then she arranged for them to be paid. The rest due this month are manageable with my expected income.
So there it was, an answer to prayer, and a buffeting of my stalwart pride. Quite an efficient working of God, no?
I am so thankful.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Isn't "God is with me" the most major point of doctrine?

Kelly said...

Well said, Jenn!