I was striving for a bit of enthusiasm in the title.
It's still early, and the temperature is on it's way up. It's aiming for triple digits. That's the beauty of Idaho. We have snow in the summer, and we have heat exhaustion in the summer. It's very fun.
I have a house full of boys, as is so often the case. Besides the two extra I get to babysit today, we have Julie's 3 here as well. There's a lot of activity. Light sabers, bragging, and grassy feet. Once the neighborhood girls get outside, I am pretty sure the boys will be out front for the rest of the day.
We'll be leaving again, you know. We get to be off for three weeks this next month. By "next month," I mean the month that begins in 4 days. The month that is almost upon us. The month that I have to pack for.
After two weeks away in June, plus packing and unpacking, there wasn't any normal summer break to relish. You know, there I was in perfect contentment on the sea shore, but because it took place in an alternate reality, it seems like a dream. Like I fell Asleep in early June, awoke for a couple weeks of cleaning and unpacking, then I am going to fall back under for the month of July. Then it will be August and we will have to think about school. Then we will count the days left for Christmas shopping.
Mother took me out to Bar-de-nay for a birthday dinner just yesterday with my sisters and Maddie. We sat on the patio and sipped wine and I ate trout with capers. Our cute factor was off the charts on account of Maddie. She wore this little hippy-girl cotton dress and an adorable cowboy hat, lovingly purchased for her by her Auntie Kelly. I wore my pointy beaded shoes, which added to the cute factor not a little. Mother and Andi and Danielle (with bump) were really lovely, and you never saw so much artfully applied make-up as was at that table. Seriously. When the girls in my family apply makeup, we mean business.
I am back here in denial from all the testosterone in the other room. I should go check on them.
Have a great Wednesday, friends.
1 comment:
Mornin' friend.
I read this yesterday but was trying not to spend too much time on the computer, so I didn't comment then.
Your description of your dinner with you mother and sisters was just perfect. I can totally picture it. The makeup comment was hilarious.
You are a busy girl this summer. I can't imagine that you even have a spare weekend to come to Spokane... what shall we do about that?
I'm busy prepping all day for Asia's poker/birthday party tomorrow... I have to work all day tomorrow so today it must be. I'll be making roughly 3,000,000 meatballs. Jealous, aren't you?
Smooches, friend.
Post a Comment