Monday, July 02, 2007

July already

I love my house church. You've heard me say this before, and I know I tend to repeat myself. Sorry. But I really can't help it.
I walked in last night to a room full of people that I know. I know their business; their heartaches and struggles, their children, their joy, their hopes and their prayers. We eat together, we pray together, we discuss God's Word, and we really talk. No matter where we all meet, it feels like coming home, just to walk in. And I hug people. I am sooooo not a hug type of person. But I start hugging these people like an over-emotional freak.
Have I told you my epiphany about hugging...rather, why I don't like hugging all my casual friends? I think it's because physical touch is one of my "love languages." Have you read that book? The Five Love Languages. I think I tend to balk at hugging because it seems like too personal and too vulnerable a display.
So, here I am, all hugging and affectionate to these people. It's weird.
My other love language, and the predominate one is Words. I am big on words. But, then, you knew that. What is your love language?

I am going back to the lovely State of Washington in a few days, so I will very likely be blogging every day here very soon.
There is so much to get organized for this little trip. Does anyone want to watch my dog for three weeks? No? I can't imagine why.
Will anyone be able to mow my lawn for those three weeks? Anyone?

No comments: