Monday, April 28, 2008

Party like a rock star

I carried my camera around all weekend and took no photos worth posting. I have an affliction when it comes to that.

Besides the Newsboy's concert, and a pedicure, I went to a couple of rockin' par-tays and one very lively house church. It was not unlike being 20.

My sisters are quite a bit younger than I am, and they each threw a party. The one who really is a 20-year-old-college-partier had a backyard bar-b-que complete with a drink she called "jungle-Juice." It's a hodge-podge of really seriously liquor-soaked-fruit. You could remove your nail polish with the stuff. I had half-a-glass and forgot my name. There are a lot-of-dashes-in-that-paragraph.

My other 20-something-sister is more mom, and less party. She had a little family get together to celebrate her man's birthday. She has those lovely baby girls, whom we all sit and admire. Small children always become the focus of any of our gatherings. I think it's because they provide so much fodder for conversation. And also they are cute.

Our little house church group is all kinds of fun. You have never met such a group of people who so genuinely love Jesus, and also know how to kick up their heels. I was thinking that we should begin a commune. We could be a cult. At Tim's Pool.

What with my whirlwind social calendar, I was noticing that neither my kitchen floor, nor my lawn received due attention. How is it possible that the week is now upon me, and the weekend work never got done?

I need a wife. If I had a wife, she could pay the bills, and clean the house. Get to the grocery store, and deal with the laundry. All this time I've been praying for a husband. Clearly I need to rethink my request.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you understood the child labor laws. when there is labor to be done, employ the childs.
woo-who for Randy Travis music
on your site!

Kelly said...

Oh! Is that what those little people are for?