I had an opportunity to re-evaluate blogging today. Humorous, that.
I began this endeavor with the intention of writing a little for my two friends who were bloggers before me.
Then, I became addicted, and started taking the writing portion a bit more seriously.
After a while, with readers I've never met from all over the world, I grew more and more forthcoming. Now, the truth is, that I confide things to my keyboard that I don't generally bring up in conversation with people I actually look in the eye on a regular basis. You know, except for Kara.
So, when I find that someone I actually know is reading what I write, I am given pause. As in, "oh, dear, I wonder how many inappropriate things I have said recently?" As if those who know me would be surprised.
I put so much of my innards out here for you all to see. There are thoughts I think which are not sufficiently developed until they are spelled out upon my screen. Sometimes I like the me I see, and sometimes I cringe a bit. However, I also think that both elements are important, because both elements are true.
Even now I am processing as I write, and confronting my thoughts as they develop.
People who blog must be some kind of exhibitionists, huh?
6 comments:
Ha ha. I think they are, exhibitionists. I am struggling with my habit as well. So..
12 step for Blogging, anyone?
Hmmm, expose yourself to your keyboard takes on a whole new meaning.....
lol...I had a woman say to me recently that she was talking to another woman from church who lurks on my blog, and told her shethinks I am looking for validation by blogging. I piped up instantly and told her she's right! I am, or why else would I post this stuff publicly? I'm hoping I can share, & encourage. I KNOW I've been encouraged by you!
There's something about reading these heart-gushing blog posts that make me think deeper, honestly, and I like that:) Good stuff!
Are you looking for validation? I quite like you, Robin Redhead!
I quite like the pictures. More pictures, please. You have a very nice looking extended family!
I'm on it!!!
Post a Comment