Thursday, May 29, 2008

Morning, on a Thursday

The alarm did not go off, which, on closer inspection, was on account of it not being set. I awoke with a jolt to persistent knocking upon my door at 6:10. I pulled on my robe and stumbled to the door.
My robe is luxurious, and it makes me happy. It's a long, silky, leopard print thing, with velvet at the collar and cuffs. Like a smoking jacket from a Humphrey Bogart movie, only floor length. It's fully lined in fleece. The word you are looking for is "flamboyant."
I did not get off to a solid start this morning, what with the abrupt awakening, but the coffee is kicking in, and the fog is lifting.

To elicit your compassion, I would like to grant you the briefest glimpse into my morning thus far. Bear in mind that the time is currently 7:57 am. (In my mind that sounds like "Mountain bell time is 7:57" Do you remember being able to call and find the exact time? Can you still do that? Phones were then what internet is today. Anyone remember party lines?)

Anyway:
At 6:10, I was delivered two boys, 7 and 9, whom I promptly tucked in to bed, that they might attain further rest. Also that I might not end their lives before I'd had caffeine.
I made coffee, since I neglected to set the coffee pot last night, and I opened my bible. At 7, I was delivered a 3-year-old, who immediately began to disassemble my home. I tried to read my bible, and ingest coffee, while ignoring the accumulating mess.
At 7:30, icing on the cake walked in, in the form of a grumpy 5-month-old. I gave up trying to read my bible. I heated a bottle, began to blog, and woke the sleeping 2 so that they can get ready for school.
I am so committed to blogging that I am cooking, and blogging alternately, whilst the passel of children awaits this nutritious breakfast at my table.
You want to be me, don't you?
Thursdays are a touch on the busy side.
Somehow, my own 2 kids are still asleep, with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. Hate them.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I want to see a picture!

Bless your heart, sweet friend. I think I would want to run out the back door and never come back if my day looked like that.

Smooches!

KJP said...

You just never struck me as the leopard skin type. I agree, a picture is needed here!

Oh and happy caffenated morning...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE children! Say it with me! I LOVE children! I practiced it ALL day yesterday. That was SO MUCH FUN! I LOVE children! CHILDREN ARE A BLESSING!

You can't even imagine how loved my children felt yesterday. Heaps of LOVE!

You are amazing girl! I don't know how you do it.

I may actually get away today and do my dreaded shopping. :)

See ya tonight? I missed you terribly yesterday.

k

Kelly said...

Kjp, I can assure you that I am absolutely the leopard print type. The classy leopard print type, rather than the tacky leopard print type.

Cathy and Kara, My day has improved just leaps and bounds. 2 of the kids are off to school, the baby is sleeping, my 2 are doing chores, and the 3-year-old is being quiet in the other room....that's probably bad, huh?

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, just remember the coffee pot, everything else should sort itself out after that, right?

At least the coffee pot...

Anonymous said...

Evening approaches, the sun now solidly over eastern Oregon. No matter the day, now is a chocolate moment. Think of the satisfaction and calming effect of handfuls of masticated chocolate flowing lovingly to your leopard print attired tummy.

Sigh. The simple pleasures...

kjp

Kelly said...

Kjp, for you I had chocolate with my evening wine. Good call!

Jim, your reminder has me jumping up to set the Mr Coffee!