My house and car have been miraculously provided for me
I haven't had a full time job since before I had kids
My income is so low, you wouldn't believe me if I told you
Yet my bills are always paid
God provides for us.
I was telling this story to a new friend last night. It's a good exercise for me to see someone hear it for the first time. It reminds me that it's shocking and impossible.
Reviewing this long list of amazing provisions reminds me that God is really very personal. He has been doing some very significant things in my little life.
I am often tempted to think that my daily stuff doesn't matter; dishes, laundry, kids. But there's a lot more going on here.
We started out talking about orthodontics. M' has had work done that was miraculously paid for. I told her about my garage door being fixed, my bills being paid, money in the mail, the year my income was doubled by some anonymous doner. I told her about Costco supplies piled on my doorstep, and about Christmases when we were spoiled by people who didn't identify themselves. These are all answered prayers, that God did without telling me who His human agent was.
She was amazed.
I didn't really tell her about everything. There's too much. I just told her a few stories.
She is exploring this God Thing; a brand new believer. She needs to know some things about Him, about how He is living and active today.
Years ago, when all this began, I had to make a choice. If God Is Who He claims to be, then His Word is dependable. This is where the rubber meets the road. Either He will do what He promises, or He is no God. He promises to be a Husband, and Father, and Provider, and Judge, for women like myself.
It was very much a stepping out of the boat to walk on water.
I didn't sink.
It's a daily thing, though.
Your faith is, too.
Every day you have to make a decision to continue. Every new situation requires you and I to decide whom to trust.
Every morning is a re-evaluation for me. I am daily in danger of losing my faith, even after all I've seen. Every day I must choose anew what I will live for, whom I will serve, and what my actions will be based upon.
"Choose ye this day Whom you will serve...."
" As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"
If you are praying today, and you need to see God work....watch closely. If you know of someone who is praying, maybe God would use you as an angel to do His work. Can you answer some one's prayer today?
So often, no one but God knows what my needs are, yet they are met just the same. I think that the people who take up the challenge must be listening very closely to God. They must be very sensitive to obey when He tells them to act.
Wait, Listen, Obey.
These are keys to the Kingdom.
2 comments:
Wooo! You just preached to me sista!!
Our God is awesome. Major post today Kelly-love it.
I'm likin'it, alot. You just gave me what I needed to hear.
thank you
Post a Comment