Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Stimulus Package

WHAT?

No controversy? Fine. Let's discuss politics.

I am so happy in my little life, without a TV. I have no idea what the election circus is doing. It does seem to waste a lot of time for those who watch all the hullabaloo. Let me know once the nominees are decided, then I'll do a bit of homework, so I'll know who to vote for.

This attitude of mine is a terrible disappointment to my Mother. She is so on top of all things politic. She asks me about this or that, and I always giver her a puzzled look. I say thing to her like, "we're at war? With whom?"
I have no idea what talk radio people say about the economy either. All I really know is that the bills are paid.
That, and I stimulated the economy last weekend at Old Navy. So, I am doing my part.

One of the problems with children is that they so frequently outgrow their clothes. Not unlike myself, come to think of it. My eldest son, the one who is now as tall as I am, needs Summer clothes in the worst way. Really, there does come a point when one can not put that off any longer. That was the point of the Old Navy spree. He made out like a bandit, if you ask me. He got new swim trunks, and shorts and shirts. He also chose for himself a pair of white flip-flops. I always think of Pat Boone (or Asia) when I see a man in white shoes.

Whatever happened to Pat Boone?

I am planning to spring into action this morning, and put away mountains of clean laundry. I also need to clean my kitchen. And educate my young'uns. When do I have time to ponder politics?

Have a wonderful day doing whatever it is that you do.

3 comments:

Bree said...

Just wanted to say I LOVED the Howard Jones song you added. Wow, brings back memories!!!!
Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

Politics, and television, are both highly over rated. IMHO

Now, movies, that's a whole 'nother ball of wax!

Kelly said...

What's "IMHO"?