It may be hard for you to imagine how happy I'm not. Don't get me wrong, the weekend has been fun. I'll tell you about it in a minute.
The reason I am unhappy has to do with a certain little puppy and her fecal matter. I know it's not nice to discuss such things in polite society, but what are you going to do?
The puppy, who seems to have some extraordinary ability to store such grossness on her otherwise lovely fur, distributed it all over the house.
She is an outside dog, mind you. I allow her to sleep in a crate in D's room. When D let her in tonight, the fun began.
It lasted an hour. We had the unpleasant stuff on the carpet, the linoleum, the kitchen, the bathroom, and on all three of us.
I used a swear word in context. Several times.
And then I began indiscriminately bleaching surfaces. It was really imperative that I do so.
This is now two weekends in a row that I have gotten nothing done around the house. The lawn needs to be cut. I need to go to the grocery store. The oil in the car needs to be changed. I need to get some sleep, and possibly squeeze in a work-out.
We went to the scenic town of Pocatello Friday night for a lacrosse tournament. That was a blast! M played in 4 games, and won them all. We stayed up late, slept in a hotel, and ran amok among a host of other teen aged boys. It's a bit of a drive, like 3+ hours. We arrived home late Saturday night.
Sunday we set off for house church at Jenine and Mike's new house. It was an all day event, as they now live an hour away, up in the mountains. We hiked and ate and talked on the porch. The children swam in the pond, picked off leeches, chased the dogs, and had a mud fight. We never did discuss the week's lesson, but we had some fantastic fellowship! It was Redneck Bible Study, I suppose, without the "Bible".... or the "study."
Now I'm finally winding down. Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest.
4 comments:
You used THAT word? That word can be wonderful to say, used in the correct context of course. :)
yesterday was so fun! I wanna go again!
k
Yesterday was totally fun! Why didn't I take pictures?
Hi! I took some pics with my camera phone. I will email them to you tomorrow from work.
Did you enjoy that stogie?
Dad
sorry to hear about the messy little puppy. sounds like the name of a bad children's book!
Love the 'redneck biblestudy' minus the bible...lol.
we may be headed into house church now, our church lost the building they were renting and in this little town theres not much to choose from. Im all ready for house church...shhhh, dont tell, but im secretly selfishly prayinf for it, at least a season of it..i think itd be healthy for everyone.
ANYWAY-youre a trooper for even having the puppy dear!
and nice new hat in your blog picture...please tell us you didnt go brunette in real life?-lol
Hugs~
Post a Comment