I got to go shopping today. I charged a hundred dollars of clothing. Ordinarily, this would be really fun. However, all the clothing I bought was camouflaged and specific to the wilderness. It was all for my heretofore unemployed teenager. We need to get that boy a job, or a wealthy dad. Or we could get that boy's dad a wealthy job. Or something. His bear hunt begins Sunday. Don't forget to pray for him, k?
We have a little community in Boise called Hyde Park. Hyde Park is the really hip place to go if you are into organic living, or antiques. I am into antiques. One of my friends named Kris and I went hiking out in that area. We then decided to walk into the little funky cafe area for a lite breakfast. It was a beautiful morning for it.
Kris and I managed to fit a great deal into the morning. Exercise, a coffee house, and antiquing. I picked up a couple of little pictures and a book. The book is in Latin, and so it's for my collection. You can always buy old books in Latin for me, and very old bibles. The pictures were unframed sheets of paper in which I beheld a certain beauty. I'll frame them and call them art.
I ran into my cousin who lives in Australia, which was odd. You'd think Hyde Park was a long way to come for coffee. I had no idea she was on this hemisphere.
Wouldn't it be fun to be a jet-setter? I want to travel the world like that. She goes to China, and Australia, and then pops in at the States, with the same ease with which I run to the corner for milk.
The only way this day could have been better would have been if I could have gotten more sleep last night.
I stayed up too late to finish a book. It's called The Bancroft Strategy, and I highly recommend it. It's by the guy that wrote the Bourne movies, and so it's kind of a spy book. It's riveting, and there's nothing to blush about in it. Who wants to borrow it next?
Now I have to go get ready for that hot date. These handsome rich men won't leave me alone! Just kidding.
On the agenda is Sushi, chilled white wine, and a movie.
Have a great weekend, friends.
3 comments:
Geez, ya don't get much camo for a hundred. You must have been buying accessories! I hope M has a Great Successful Hunt. Is he taking a camera?
Dad
We actually bought a camo disposable camera. $6.99. Very economical!
No, being a jet-setter gets really, really old. Or maybe I am just a homebody...
Maybe I should go by Chris, you have too many Kris' and I keep freaking out...
Post a Comment