Sunday, June 01, 2008

The road is long, with many a winding turn...

So, Kara suggested a hike. "Being up here in the mountains, just makes me feel like a wilderness woman," says she.
Now, you have to know Kara. She has just the tiniest bit of a princess complex. This is not an individual inclined towards perspiration. Neither hard work of any kind. Nor easy work, come to think of it. "I'm thirsty," she is wont to say, "go get me a drink." And we do.

Here we have them, left to right: Kara, Jenine, Denise, Lisa, and Kris. Patsy and I are the photo-taking people, so we are not in many of the pictures themselves. Denise, who doesn't blush at hard work, carried Rachel the entire time.
Lisa was walking with me at one point, not long into the hike, when she quietly said, "Kara is going to be tired here pretty soon."

The next thing you know, Kara threw her hands in the air, waaaaayyyy above her head, and spun around. "I'm tired, let's go back!" Which was very pretty with her cute little skirt.

And Jenine said "no."

Jenine pointed to the top on the teeny-tiny hill, (or as Kara called it 'the big mountain'), and explained that we were almost to the top. Stick with it, sugar. And she did. Though I do recall just the merest hint of a whine.

But we attained the summit, and Kara was able to sit a spell. This made her very happy. See? One of her hands is above her head. I think Jenine is patting her on the back for her accomplishment.

I got Patsy in a picture! She has a cool camera, and I'll bet her pictures are quite wonderful. She's a very talented woman, creative and all. Plus, you should see what she can do with Photoshop.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Man, I wish we could have been there!! Happy Birthday Mike! I feel so OLD having a cousin in his 40s.

Anonymous said...

I pretty sure jenine was picking off the deer poop that kris threw at me! :)

That was so fun! Wasn't it great to have all the girls together? Where was jessie anyway?

k

Kelly said...

Jenn! You would have loved it. He was so surprised. I was missing you, and all your family, and also Granny and Grandpa. Mike is really old, huh?

Kara, I saw you touch deer poop with your bare hands.

Robin said...

What gorgeous scenery-looks like it was a great day for a walk:)