Friday, July 04, 2008

The free and the brave

We are very incredibly blessed in this country. I love the United States of America for all that she has given me, and for all that she allows me to be.
I understand that we are not better than the rest of the world. That we are not smarter. Certainly not thinner.
We are, for the moment, freer.
I am free to come and go as I like, to worship how I will. I may parent my children, with all that entails, and even choose to educate them as I like. I am free to love whomever I choose, and so can you. I can train in whatever martial arts or weaponry I see as a useful or amateur pursuit. I am even free to be something of an idiot, should the fancy strike me.
This is my home, and it's a land that I value. My forefathers took a mighty vision and gifted it to me and to my children. My sons may one day give their lives defending this great country for you. If that's the case, God be praised. We, in the USA, have something worth fighting for. We have a more than a nation, we have a heritage and a vision.
God Bless America.

No comments: