Thursday, July 03, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

Have you ever had a thing, where you realised that the things you thought, was different that the thing that actually was? No? Maybe it's just me. It could be that I just need a drink. Or a date. Or perhaps a good night's sleep.

We went to the baseball game tonight, and they need to get some new songs. They play a fraction of a song during those times that everyone in the park is waiting for something to occur. Just as one begins to catch the beat and sing along, they end it so the hitter can strike out to peace and quiet. It's quite frustrating, really.

I learned that no matter how much you hate John Denver, you know all the words to his songs, and you will be compelled by a mighty force of nature, to sing along. You can't help it. Try "Grandma's Feather Bed." Seriously, the entire planet knows the words. John Denver is like Neil Diamond in that way.

Also, I learned that Boise is still a small enough town that you can run into people you haven't seen in years. Or in Months. Whatever. I saw a girl I used to do martial arts with, an old friend from high school, and a sort of relative of a friend. It was the very crossroads of my life. I am very glad that I troubled myself to put on make up.


The baseball game was fun, but that had very little to do with the actual game. Funny, that. There was music, and there were prizes, and there was food. We had the finest seats in the stadium, thanks to Tim.
A sporting event with one's closest friends. Very diverting.

No comments: