Friday, December 30, 2016

Good grades!

I may want to give some thought to writing here in the mornings. I find that my effervescent nature is most buoyant in the mornings. By evening, I am cynical and morose and not at all fit for public consumption.
My husband was off work today, so I spent every waking moment in his company. This allowed me to ignore my beloved children to a large degree. He and I did take the youngest two out to Marie Calendars for  celebratory pie because their semester grades warranted it. Both did very well. We are all about a dose of sugar for good grades.
Image result for pie eating
Michael is pretty sure he got a good grade on a major math test he took today. He won't find out his actual grade for a couple of weeks, but he felt terrifically confident after finishing the exam. I assured him that we'll definitely take him for some pie, too, just as soon as he gets out.
Is it weird that I can be so very proud of my kids just where they are? Heck, Don is detoxing, which is why he's been pacing like a caged animal. I'm proud of him, too. I wouldn't want to deal with all these kids have on their plates. I'm proud of every step they take in a forward direction. It's the backwards steps that get me down. Or the forward ones that involve anguish. Who am I kidding? I'm proud of them and agonized all at the same time.
Image result for perfect children
I know I complain. I air our dirty laundry. I tell you all the stuff we are dealing with. You hear much of the worst of it. But, I hope you know that I love my children. I adore them right down to my toes. I love them so much that it hurts to breathe, and I desire good things for them with all that is in my being. I pray, I cry, I write. And I keep on loving. That is what moms do.


No comments: