Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Me and Cathy


My friend Cathy came to visit for the weekend. She and I have been friends for about 18 years.

This is Cathy and me way back in 1990 or so. We were very much younger back then! In those days, we used to terrorize our college pastor with a unique trick. We would hang oranges and bananas from the trees and stick carrots in his lawn. Once, we made a little EggplantMan to set on his front porch! Then we would trace our bodies in chalk on his driveway and leave a bible verse as our signature "You shall know them by their fruits." No one knew it was me and Cathy, and they called the mysterious perpetrators the "Fruit People." We called ourselves the "Produce Pair." Anyway....Cathy and her husband came for the weekend with their beautiful children. We had a wonderful time together! We get together far too infrequently for my liking. Thank you, Cathy, for so many years of precious friendship!

4 comments:

Ace said...

Oh that photo is very late 80s, very early 1990s! And this anecdote is hilarious! Do people like you two really exist? :D I have never done anything naughty like that... ever... seriously.

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh. Look at that picture.

Look at that hair.

We really were naughty. SO much fun. I need to do something naughty like that now. Of course, eating all that food over the weekend was relatively naughty...

Love you, friend.

Jenn said...

I want to know who first conceived of the idea to become the Produce Pair? I can see how you could get carried away with the idea once it got started, but which one of you started it?

Granny and Grandpa were remeniscing (sp) about the Produce Pair the other day.

Talena said...

Great picture of Cathy, Asia, and the kids!

Hey, welcome to blogland, Kelly-Jenn's-cousin. I met Jenn through Kelly-the-not-cousin's blog. Now, I guess I've met you through Jenn's! Blogs are fun that way. I hope you enjoy your adventures in the Kingdom of Blog. (There are so many to be had!)