Daddy taught me to handle a gun, to ride a horse, and to buck hay. Life's like that in Idaho.
My step dad changes my furnace filters, and scolds me if I don't have my car serviced regularly.
I also have a wonderful Grandpa, and a number of fantastic male friends.
A girl can't have too many men in her life, I always say.
It's the father figures in my kids' lives that I'd like to talk about today.
My boys have grown up without their real dad. He left when my baby was 2, and my eldest was 4. He's been off the radar for the vast majority of their young lives. But they're lucky lads, these two. They have been surrounded by men who have been willing to inconvenience themselves to invest in these two.
They have grandpas, and uncles, and a consistent community of Christlike menfolk. I am grateful to more Selfless men than I can possibly adequately thank. But there's a few I'll risk mentioning.
To:
Scott, for treating M' as your own son
Soubanh, for parenting D' along with your kids
Mike, for mentoring M' in all things hunting related
Bill, for mentoring D' in his love for guitar
...Thank you for loving my boys.
Happy Father's Day, Gentlemen. It's a fine work you do.
1 comment:
Amazing how things get handled sometimes! Good for your two dads! Good for your sons' mentors! I like it when men help those around them!
Post a Comment