Sunday, January 13, 2008

Surfing

A robust prayer life becomes a bit like riding the crest of a wave.
Can you just see me? Like that one girl from the movie Titanic, arms outstretched, leaning forward into the breeze.
It's like that on a wave, rather than on the helm of a ship.
There's an exhilarating forward momentum. It's the Power of God pulling me into His Work.
I have a stunning view from this height. A perspective on His Work that not everyone may have.
I stand upon a deafening power that stretches as far as the horizon, and beyond.
Besides, it's heck of an adrenaline rush!
God allows us to participate in a force that is so much larger and more beautiful that we can ever be as one Very Significant Human.
I have been watching God answer prayer like crazy, and it tempts me to believe that I am God's Very Most Favorite Child.

We were talking about self-defense the other day. This is a concept that I believe in, and even teach. There are, unfortunately, situations that require it. However, God reminded me that the best defense comes from He Who is Just and Mighty. He says things like "vengeance is mine, I will repay," and I think He means it.
Prayer is the means by which we line ourselves up with the stuff He is doing. It's where we take those who would harm us, and deposit them at His feet. It's where we make our requests. Then , there's the crest of that wave, as His power swells, and our work is done. We rest and ride, and He launches us into that Future that He has so perfectly designed.
Surf's up.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful!!!

Robin said...

some ofthe best self defense is Ephesians 6:10-20, taking up the whole armor of God-choosing to put it on daily, His peace, His salvation, His righteousness...I sure need it and boy the days I dont give a second thought to submitting the day to Him i get arrows in the butt!! Need the Sword of the Spirit!

Kelly said...

AMEN Sister!
I'll tell you what, it's so much fun to watch that God Spring into action.
Thanks for stopping by!