I know that I have not written you in days. I beg your forgiveness!
The fact that I did not win the Nester's exquisite tassel threw me into the depths of inconsolable despondency, from which I have only now emerged.
Just kidding.
I was suffering the black death, and therefore unable to form coherent sentences. Now that my sinuses have cleared sufficiently to allow me to breathe from my nose for several blissful minutes each hour, I feel better able to communicate. A whopping cold can reduce one's intellect to the single digits faster than you can say "Nyquil."
The weekend was eventful despite my best efforts to rest.
My son, D', played a fabulous game of basketball on Saturday morning, and won.
The eldest, M' went hunting Saturday morning, and killed beasties for our culinary delight. Pheasant, as a matter of fact. Here in Idaho, we raise our young'uns to kill the pretty birds. There's a cookbook called "Kill it and Grill it," which I think I shall invest in. There's tricks to making wild game edible, and I need a little help in this department. The pheasant? Not so tender.
Sunday morning, we went to church. This is always an event in our family. I, as you know, attend a small house church, so the pilgrimage to an institutional setting is not a weekly event. The message was fabulous. I only recognized one song during the musical portion of the service, which was a disappointment to me. Does anyone sing hymns any more?
Of course, we had house church last night. It was sort of an Isaiah/Green Bay themed evening. We discussed our lesson during half time and the 3rd quarter. Is that wrong? Who scheduled that game during our church time, anyway? The good news is that I will not be terribly overwrought over the superbowl, now that Green Bay is out of the running.
And now we're into Monday, already.
Every moment at home all weekend has been spent making a mess, and going back to bed. Therefore, my house is a shambles. My goal for the day is a cardio-house-cleaning.
Have a delightful day, please. I intend to!
6 comments:
Hmmm, Nyquil, the sneezy, stuffy nose, take a dose at the sink and wake up on the kitchen floor the next morning medicine!
Get well!
(and good job, M!)
You cooked a pheasant? Like, plucked it and everything?
Wow.
I am a wilderness woman, huh? Who knew?
Acually, M' did all the icky part, all I had to do was throw the meat into the oven.
So sad that you lost, I mean, didn't win. Actually, I was afraid that you or Darcy or Karol or Melissa would win and then everyone would accuse me of picking one of my favorites!
Why, you are a sweet talker, you Nester!
who won what ? jd
Post a Comment