Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Complaining

Mornings are, on the whole, quite glorious. I wake with a song on my lips and abounding joy within my heart. I'm told it's rather annoying.

Come noon, however, I deflate rapidly.

This was one of those days where I began writing a blog entry at some very early hour, and was then distracted by kids and breakfast and the dishes. By the time I returned, the writing seemed smarmy and overly gleeful. It was something about the Millenial Kingdom and enthusiastic me.



Johanna is still here at my house for her visit, and I am enjoying her company. On the most basic of levels, I love having a grown-up in the house. She does the dishes without being asked, and is willing to carry on a conversation. She has fantastic jewelry, which she is willing to let me borrow. She can give great back rubs, and she can also cook. I pretty much want to marry her.

My camera has betrayed me. I have attempted to take photos of all the hoopla around here, but they keep coming out blurry. I got a great one of our feet, though.
The other problem I have encountered here is that I can't figure out how to get them posted on my blog. I switched to high speed internet a little while ago, and everything changed. Now I can't do pictures the way I used to, and so you have no idea what we all look like anymore. I am irritated about this.
Spell check is also not working. How is this possible?

Mostly, I guess my mood deflated long before noon today. That, and I need more coffee.
I'll write again after a visit from the Muse.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Spell check isn't working for me either. Highly annoying.

So glad you're enjoying your visit... have a glass of red for me.

Anonymous said...

That whole morning thing is, in my world, a good ol' coffee buzz! Nothing like it and I won't give up either! The trick is to get it a consistent buzz the whole day. More coffee please!

Jenn said...

Marrying your female cousin would not be looked upon favorably in the Christian world. But boy would I have an interesting family story to tell people. I can see it now.

"You think your family is weird. Well, my sister married my girl cousin!"

The Nester said...

Pictures, pictures, i want pictures.

22 pounds? You must weigh like only in the double digits now or something!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to check, but I think marrying cousins is "OK" in Alabama... at least I'm sure it happens regularly. Now, the gender thing might be an issue!

KJP said...

High speed? You are coming up in the world there! Yah, getting pictures to load for me is like pulling teeth with the system back home.

Thought I would say howdy - and yes I could posting something small today.

:^)

Leana said...

What a great suprise to have Abba come blaring through my speakers as I visited your site. It is exactly what I needed today. Thanks for that. Cheers.

Leana said...

What a great suprise to have Abba come blaring through my speakers as I visited your site. It is exactly what I needed today. Thanks for that. Cheers.