Ah, the joy of being a single mom.
There are joys, you know. Blessed serendipities that you may never have considered. If I tell you what they are, you may well be in danger of envy.
Proceed at your own peril.
(When was the last time you used "peril" in a sentance? Try and work in in today. You will just swell with joy at your expanding volcabulary)
(Which, oddly enough, makes me think again of themed blogs. I could totally have one of those Word of the Day themed blogs. I would suggest a new word for you to add to your vocabulary, and I'd use it in a sentance for you. I'd tell you how to use it to best advantage, and that would make me very happy.)
(This is kind of a parenthetical blog entry; huh?)
So, back to our story:
10 random reasons I like being a single mom (and these are not in any particular order)
1. No one pulls the covers
2. I don't have to shave my legs if I don't want to.
3. I can fix cereal for dinner. And lunch. And, you know, pretty much all day.
4. I can buy it if I want to. No matter what 'it' is.
5. No man overrides my movie choices.
6. I can parent any way I want.
7. I can decorate in pink and lace.
8. No one tries to kiss me when I haven't brushed my teeth.
9. The entire pot of coffee is mine
10. I don't have to clean if I don't want to.
(Come to think of it, I have a diametrically opposed opinion to share as well)
10 random reasons I hate being a single mom
1. No one shares the covers
2. No one cares if I shave my legs. Or shower daily.
3. No man looks forward to my cooking.
4. No one pays for what I want to buy!
5. No man takes me to the movies. Or snuggles up to watch a movie at home.
6. No one helps me figure out how to parent boys.
7. There is no Honey for my "honey-do list".
8. No one tries...anything when I haven't brushed my teeth. Nor when I have brushed them.
9. No one brings me coffee
10. No one helps me clean. (no, the boys don't count)
2 comments:
You are one of my favorite bloggers. I love you. I cannot believe that men aren't throwing rocks through your windows and crashing into your vehicle just to get to you.
You are such a catch.
Even when your legs aren't shaved and your teeth aren't brushed!
You are too kind! If only the godly male population agreed with you!
I am delighted that you come to visit me here. You are also one of my most favorite bloggers. I visit you every day.
Post a Comment