Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Painting with a Sanguine

Introducing: the dark taupe from the hallway!
I started painting on a whim, and without a ladder. Then I got distracted. Someday soon I will move the piano and bring the ladder in from the garage. Then I shall resume.
Until then, don't look up.







My love-r-ly Opera House Red from the bathroom is on it's way out. I decided to begin covering it with a primer, so that I can explore my options there. Actually, I have a wallpaper that I would like to hang in there. But I might decided to paint, instead. Who knows?
















I did the whole thing with a brush instead of a roller. Just because I was having fun.
Do you know, somewhere in this process, I went into the boys bathroom and worked up their paint, also? They just needed a little freshening in there. To cover the urine smell. I wiped the walls and floor with bleach, and then painted.
I didn't take photos of their bathroom, though.






Yesterday was quite productive. Well see what I do with today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that just makes me laugh. I remember when you were painting your kitchen chocolate brown years ago.
you also left that wall just like the photo above for several months. I started to like it actually.
I called you so we could go to the movies yesterday bcuz J said you wanted to go but she couldnt.
We did decide that we're all going to dinner and a movie Fri night, so get a sitter.
love, paj

Anonymous said...

I love the color!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait till friday.
J

Kelly said...

Dinner and a Movie! You're my date. I don't need a sitter these days; my boys will soon have dates of their own (Heaven help us).

Anonymous said...

thanks heavens no more PINK!

kjp

Anonymous said...

We need pictures of the boys bathroom... you can't just mention it and then leave us hanging! LOL!

Kelly said...

I'll get that camera out today, jim. We'll see what all I can capture here!