I am thinking about going back to bed....and blogging, instead. How are you this fine day? I am cold, sleep deprived, and grumpy. Thanks for asking.
I have no reason at all to be moody. The only explanation is that I am tired, and my wimpy half-caff coffee is not up to the task of generating brain wave activity.
This week is going to be a frenzy of activity. The boys and I have work to do in anticipation of our trip to the West coast. I need to hire a man to look under the hood of my car to pronounce my vehicle road-worthy. I need to clean and pack. And I need to farm out the animals for a week.
Why do I feel compelled to leave the house all tidy when I am not going to be here? Do you do that? I have to have it all kinds of clean, so that if I die, nobody has to wade through the mess. That, and I will have a pleasant environment to come home to.
Do you plan for your death every time you take a trip? I am always bracing myself for the death of those around me, and preparing for my own. It's a little macabre. I think about that. If I die on this trip, will mother be able to find my important papers? Are my files in order? Is the bathroom clean?
I do that when the boys go places, too. If M' is going away for the weekend, I always figure how I am going to handle the phone call which tells me that he isn't coming home.
I know, I know. It's not very ....cheery. For an optimist, I sure think about weird things.
I think it's because death has been within my scope of experience rather frequently. Not in a long time, though. That makes me think that the odds are running out.
My mother always says, "Everyone you know will either die before you, or they will die after you." The mortality rate for the human race is awfully close to 100%.
Look at me talking about Death and Dying... This is not what you pay me for!
Neither is it what I intended to write about when I sat down to type. See what a mind left untended can do? It goes a wandering all over in dangerous territory.
I am off in search of stronger coffee. I'll be back after my brain kicks in. Unless I drop dead. In which case, I won't be back.
5 comments:
Look!
A comment!
ok, I will leave a comment (or a question as the case may be)....
What in the heck are you doing drinking half-caf? No one would EVER think to put 1/2 regular and 1/2 unleaded in their car. So why in the world would someone take out half of the only legal, tasty stimulant.
Now, of course, if you are drinking half-caf just so you can have DOUBLE the amount of coffee- I guess I will have to forgive you.
Would you ever think of eating half chocolate?
and yes, I can't go anywhere without cleaning my entire house first. I hate coming home to chores.
It's really sad when you comment on your own blog, then get excited when you see it show up on your bloggtracker! LOL!
Macbre, honest. Good stuff. Go full caf, though.
What's the verdict on the car?
Dad
Lynda! How have you been? What a pleasant surprise.
Yeah, Jim, commenting on one's own blog is the wave of the future.
Hi Dad, I emailed you about that...
Post a Comment