Monday, April 14, 2008

Caustic

I really ought to be careful as I write today. I am profoundly irritated with a particular individual, and blogging about these things can make others squirm. Like the time I mentioned the totally inappropriate sexual harasser I had the pleasure of working with.
Today's individual would be just about as thrilled to be mentioned in print. (Although, if I describe a psychotic rapist, or a drug dealer, or an axe murderer, and you recognize yourself, well, let's just say that the problem is not the fact that I typed about it!)
Today's diatribe would be about an individual who is entirely repulsed by paying bills, debts, or federal taxes. And also he yells a lot. I would too, I guess, if people kept bugging me to give them money. That I owed them. With interest. That's enough to make anyone cranky.
I suppose that there are two possible solutions if you find yourself in this predicament. One, you could get a job.
Or two, you could try really hard to borrow money from a poverty stricken single mom.
It's a tough choice.
The question which naturally arises is: Why would this individual think that a request for money could possibly be met with success?
The answer is that I am an idiot.
Do you need my stuff? My time? My credit cards? My reputation? Are you completely irresponsible? So much the better! Someone is a little co-dependant.
But here's the good news.
The past few years I have been undergoing a rigorous training program called Girl Gotta Get Some Boundaries. It's been a very difficult program wherein God shreds me completely, and allows me to reap loads of consequenses from the whole lack of boundries. It's a very effective program. I am nearing some sort of graduation, I think. The next lessons I'll need to learn are liable to be just as hard. Probably: Love Thy Neighbor And Say No. Or maybe, Get That House Clean Right Now.
So, annoyed as I am, I recognize that I am really the one at fault. I tend to excuse bad behavior until it becomes so grevious that there's no denying it. By then, so much damage is done. Instead, I need to expect that people (particularly men) treat me with absolute respect. If I am getting those internal warnings, I will pay attention the first time. And I will flee. Or punch him in the nose. Either way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! Punch him in the nose! I want to see!!!

k

Kelly said...

Yes, kara. I think it's a good idea. You can claw his eyes out. Or mine, if I ever get co-dependadnt again. Deal?

KJP said...

Beauty!

I vote for hosing him down.... And, really get a restraining order and hold him to it!

Yvonne said...

He asked you for money? Did I get that correct? Oh ye gods! Michael may I borrow your gun?

Anonymous said...

Punch first, hard, then run...

Anonymous said...

i love you kelly !!!!!
hang in there.
~paj

Anonymous said...

He is a bad person AND a nitwit AND I hate him. And you? YOU are an exquisitly beautiful creature who can DO SO MUCH BETTER than a DINGBAT man who doesn't even have the balls to pay his own bills and thinks it's appropriate to ask you clean up after his messes.
Let me talk to him....I will put your boundries up so well and so fast, cause I've been practicing and I'm a really good b**** now!and then you can go ahead and put my boundries up for me, cause thats what cousins are for right?

I love you...Please take care of you and your lovely boys cause you are important to us.
-j

Kelly said...

I got your back, cuz!
The poor DINGBAT, I feel so sorry for him. Which is where my lack of boundries seems to stem from...