Saturday, April 19, 2008

A field trip

We went on the coolest field trip yesterday, to a park I'd never even heard of. It's about an hour South of civilization, or 40 minutes from Kara's house.















There were pictures on rocks that folks from ages past left for us to speculate about. They were apparently way smarter than you and I, because they had figured out stuff like true North and prime numbers. Now, I don't know about you, but I haven't figured out either of those things.




You can see an image which looks like a comb or a rake. No idea what that means. The arch with a dot inside, I think that was maybe a self-portrait of a Cyclopes. But what do I know?
I asked for a job and tried to convince the manager to allow me to lead tours from a Creationist perspective.
Also, I tried to convince him to let me take over the management of the park's incoming revenue. And also, to let me pursue world domination.



The children flirted with death on the banks of the swiftly flowing Snake River. M' actually brought a fishing pole along, and amazed the other children with his manly fishing skills.
They climbed rocks and caught lizards, and fashioned weapons out of twigs and rocks.










"Mom, the fish that got away was this big."
Actually, I don't know what he is explaining here. Perhaps we could run a contest in which you all create a humorous caption.













D' and his buddy crossed the bridge and climbed a mountain long after the rest of us were drooping from exhaustion.
We had walked and climbed and explored for so many hours! We all came home sunburned, and in need of a large burger.
I love Homeschool.

No comments: