There's these times when God is silent. All is hushed, cold. The "dark night of the soul" that leaves me fearful and doubting. I hate when that happens.
Then there's those times when He speaks. The whisper; the "gentle zephyr." Those times when I can inhale His Voice and find strength to be refreshed.
And then there's times like now.
Like drinking from a fire hose.
There seems to be far more than I can consume, and I do not want to miss a drop. Here I stretch wide my soul to contain all that flows from the Throne of He Who would fill me beyond capacity. I can't afford to miss a Word.
It's the strangest thing, as a human in this world. Do remember the story of the prophet's assistant in Scripture? This guy, for whom God removed whatever blinders were in place, and he could suddenly see the Truth. Remember him? All of a sudden he could see this vast army of God, surrounding the earthly army who was seeking to attack them. He must have been filled with awe and wonder! He certainly had no more reason to fear! They were safe, as the army fighting for them was far greater than that of their enemy.
"He Who is in me is greater than he who is in the world..."
"Lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help; my help cometh from the LORD!"
(Spell check hates it when I quote from the KJV. It's must more poetic and descriptive than any other translation, though. Don't you think? I would totally speak like that all the time if my limited intellect would allow me to. I'd sound like a Shakespearean Princess, huh?)
I digress.
The awareness that God (Very God!) is here, should fill me with wonder. Indescribable Awe. If only those scales would permanently fall from my eyes, that I could live with that Spiritual sight!
And it's been just like that lately.
I was in a restaurant the other night, totally bursting with glee. It was that God had given me this fabulous gift of remarkable friends and delicious food. The restaurant was filled with Creations of importance, and the food was terrific. The blinders were totally off my eyes, and I was so mindful of the wonder.
I was at a birthday party yesterday, hiding from the chaos with a woman I deeply respect. She was Speaking of Who He is, and His Intense Delight at being recognized in her life. He had lovingly surprised her, and she was telling me the story so that I could be amazed with her. What a gift! He was there, as clear as she was, and... Wow!
I was asking Him a question in the quiet of my pretty pink room, when He filled me up with the answer. There it was, all complete. He answered me! That is a wonder.
O, to live like that! Really seeing Him all around. His army protecting me. His voice saying "This is the way, walk ye in it." His people, not just people, but eternal beings of immense value.
Look for Him today. Ask Him to open your eyes to see what He is doing around you and in you. Live in the Wonder of a Power you can scarcely imagine. Drink Deeply.
3 comments:
You're dead on, sister!
I am seeing this myself. He's been silent, now He's coming along side. I see that the creation He desires to birth in us is so much more than I can comprehend, but that I can still take hold.
I truly appreciate your thoughts, stay close, hear Him.
Drinking from the fire hose myself right now!
I just found your blog from the nester, and oh my, this post spoke to me! I love those moments when you are just overwhelmed with God's glory... thank you for sharing this!
I will definitely be back and read more...so glad I found your blog!
Hi Kelly, and welcome. Thank you for joining me here. I am delighted to meet you!
Post a Comment