Friday, January 25, 2008

Is that angels singing?

If you scroll to the waaaayyyyyyyy bottom of this page, you will see what music is playing. If you have no idea what I am talking about, then turn up your speakers. I will add music as it comes to mind.
Plus, double click on the ones you want to hear. Seriously! Cool music.

I saw "Mad Money" tonight. I am all ready for my crime spree now. I saw it with Jenine and Patsy.
Jenine the Wise is the hip girl in that movie, played by that girl who married Tom Cruise. She's all funky and with it. Plus, she can dance. She has a heart of gold and is willing to sacrifice herself for her friends.
Patsy is the Queen Latifa girl. She's all hot and down wit' dat. She's all desireable and smart, and her kids are totally her first priority.
I, however, am the snooty choleric you-know-what who wears great monocromatic suits and saves the day. This is because I have delusions of grandure, and also because I was raised to be a snob. No, this is not the right moment to bring up the fact that my clothes are from the Goodwill.
Fun movie.
I was telling my kids that the movie has nothing objectionable in it.
...And then I realized how rediculous that was. No sex, maybe. But the movie, itself, was about theivery and greed. Other than that it was possitively Christian.
Anyone wanna rob a bank?

6 comments:

Robin said...

LOL! I just saw this movie with a girlfriend. The next day I mentioned to her I've been wanting to pray together before we head home from our movie night...then broke up laughing at the thought of plotting federal crime then sealing it with a goodnight prayer--hehe. Fun flick though:)

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa!Love the music !jenine p.s. you picked me as that girl cause she's an air head .

Kelly said...

No way, Jenine! You were totally her because she's all cool and funky and hippy-ish. Plus, she was thoughtful and self-sacrificing. See? The resemblance is striking!

Anonymous said...

did you pick me as QL because my dad is black?

or is it because of the way I talk smack all the time?

or is it because you know that I would totally rob a bank while wearing stylish clothing?

I guess it doesn't matter because I LOVE Queen Latifa.
~paj


ps and jenine is so totally hip

KJP said...

How can you miss with Abba, they are a favorite. I liked the music to Comatose but the words are a little hard to catch - so listening to Abba again while I post this!

Bank robbery though very profitable at times, is a poor choice in some place with such small population areas and too great of distance between centers. Besides you can usually make more money looking like a bum near a shopping center... Hmmm, M could hold a sign, "Need ammo for hunting to feed family..." Probably would get an interesting response in Idaho? In California probably arrested.

Kelly said...

Kjp, that is fantastic advice. A little creepy that you've given it so much thought....;) Very Funny!

Patsy, you are totally Queen Latifa because of amazing classy beauty and the talking of smack. And also the commitment to her friends in that movie and her great parenting.The combination is unusual and beautiful.