I have added a kissing song to this playlist on my blog. It is my favorite kissing song; which is to say, that if I were to be kissed, I would want it to be by a man who made me feel this song from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.
"Possession" is what it's called. It's quite evocative.
You might hate it.
That's ok.
I was thinking about kissing tonight... For some reason.
Long ago, in a galaxy far..... far....... away, I was 20.
When you are 20, you are invincible. Life is unfolding before you with the fascination of a well written sitcom. The world is your oyster, or some such ridiculous notion.
When I get to Heaven, I am going to ask God why He worked things out such that human beings make critical decisions when they are in their 20s; invincible and deluded.
It's a terrible age.
There's the question of career. Of marriage, or live-in, or whatever they're doing these days. There's babies. It's a realization that one has grown up, and one didn't become anything.
There's mistakes and triumphs, neither of which are distinguishable from the other for decades.
It's a very hard thing to be in one's 20s.
But it's harder, I think, to be a decade or two beyond that, and have to observe the recent arrivals to that decade of life, stretch their still-wet wings and attempt to fly.
But fly they will.
We did. Indeed, we do.
To the 20-somethings that I love: Fly. Aim your view to the sky and soar.
Happy new life J&C
Here's to adventure, beautiful eccentric J
D&R and the beautiful girls
B&C my girl and hers
A with a future and a hope
T&T and little dynamite in a new home
I raise a toast to you.
5 comments:
so true.
i think everyone in their twenties has an invisible "no fear" sticker on their forehead that only they can see.
What they can't see is the sticker and on their backs that says, "I will pay the consequences when I'm 30-something :-)"
~paj
a toast to J & C !!
Kelly,
Thank you! I have enjoyed my 20's thus far but some of that is due to the fact that I have a wonderful husband by my side. I couldn't ask for more.
paj, thanks! A few weeks to go until we meet Bug face to face.
Kel, do you know the story behind Possession? You might not like it as your kissing song if you did. I was quite disappointed to find out the story - and apparently like to pass it on (not nice of me - sorry!)
I second your opinions on the 20's why DO we make such important, life altering decisions when we are still so young and tender?? Thank God for his grace!!
Jessi
Oh, you speak the truth!
The 20's are almost as bad as the 30's...remember the tv show thirtysomething? Its like being 12, stuck at a pre-teen stage when all you want is to arrive and be taken seriously. I, for one, canno weait to become 40 this year! Maybe my mother will finally take me seriously then?!
Oh, Jessie....don't tell me about Possession! I just love that song. I don't suppose that it hurts to have it as my kissing song, as I am so infrequently kissed.
Post a Comment