Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Move toward the light

You know me, I am always faithful to share the joy when I've got that goin' on. Today, I would like to spread a little misery.
Just a tiny bit.
I am dying on account of the cold I have. It may be the bubonic plague; I think it's too soon to tell. I have this throat thing. Not like strep throat, where swallowing is agony, more like recently-intubated throat. I am sore from the middle of my tongue to the branches of my bronchial tubes.
I awoke at 2 am with the realization that I was sick, and the knowledge remains. I feel very sorry for myself. Truly, I knew that sharing my pain with you would help.
You are such a comfort.
You know one thing that people will not possibly say at my funeral? "She was such a quiet girl." Pretty much anything else would be fair game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to feel a little tickle at the back of my tongue, I think it's begining to work it's way down into complete paralysis of throat. Maybe I'm just tired. I'll go to bed. That should help, right?

kara

Cathy said...

So sorry, friend.

I cannot believe it, but I haven't been sick since last summer when I got food poisoning. God has been so gracious to keep me healthy with all I've had on my plate.

Now watch, as soon as T. leaves I'll probably end up on my death bed. My body will finally let down all it's defenses and I'll be sick for a month.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

KJP said...

You Kelly, it is probably those darn cigars! You really should give them up!

But, seriously, hope you get to feeling better soon!

Don't worry I'll attend your funeral...

Kelly said...

You would come to my funeral? Then, I am dying to meet you! Get it? HHahahaha!!!!!!!!