I have been having a crisis of identity because my blog has no theme.
I have been reading weight loss blogs.
Daily devotional blogs.
Home decorating blogs.
Homeschool blogs.
No one told me that blogs were supposed to have a theme. I sort of write whatever is in my head at the moment. Which would explain why some posts are so lacking in actual content. Someday, perhaps I will be one of those people who operates several blogs. You could just sort of order up for your daily needs:
If I were writing a weight loss blog, it would be positively schizophrenic. One day would be all, "work out, eat less" and the next day would be, "Drink red wine! Eat Chocolate!" I'd have a daily menu, and a calorie counter; and we'd discuss the best hiding places for the Oreos that you don't want the children to find. I'd post pictures of my skinny friend, Kara.
My daily devotional blog would...ok, I could probably do this. This would not be too hard because all that is required is an explanation of what someone else has already written. I would have a photo of a sunset as my header, and there would be Gregorian Chant playing while you read my deep and immensely spiritual musings. And I would have a "donate here" button where you could contribute using your PayPal account.
My home decorating blog? It would go like this: hang lace in the windows. Throw lace on the tables. Drape lace from the piano. Put lace on the bed. It would be a whole lace thing. Seriously. I paint things pink, and then I drape them with lace. No one wants to read about that.
My home school blog? I don't think that it would relate to very many people. How many single moms do you know that home educate? We have a different sort of lifestyle. I am not one of those Usborne book, field-trip-group moms. I am more inclined to throw a second hand A Beka text at my kid, and say, "read this," while I make a list of household chores for them to address while I work. Or blog. Or whatever I do.
And then there's those people who just write wonderful little vignettes about their gently amusing daily life. With photos. Sometimes I do this. I could do it more if I would actually download the winsome and endearing photographs that are still on my camera from early 2007. Or better yet, I could employ my camera today to snap pictures of things draped with lace.
5 comments:
I like the themed blogs too. But I'm way more into just writing. Recording the stuff of life. If someone comes by and likes to read it, that's great. But I don't really understand why anyone would... it's really just silly me.
I like your blog because it's so you. And I love you.
(Although I could likely follow your weight loss plan quite successfully.)
Hi Cathy!
Today's weight related advice: Pursue carbs. Eat cold pizza for breakfast, I did.
You have a wonderful blog. You are my bloggerly mentor; you are the one who signed me up, after all.
When my blog died last year, I struggled with the same thoughts. In the end, I decided I would just be me and if no one read - oh well. Probably why I have such high readership - all nine of you.
Pioneer woman does a blog like you describe, lots of pictures, comments, variety with recipes, etc. And it is interesting, but I could telling you nothing about the person behind the blog. Yah, you live your life and it is comfortable to know there is a real person behind you keyboard (and having said that, you are probably that 14 year old asian girl I am always complaining about in real life! Just joking!)
Keep up being you!
I actually would love to see some pictures of things draped with lace:)
Your themeless theme is actually refreshing, never know what sort of snack it'll be for the day, sweet, salty, but it's good stuff:)
Creative post! I think themeless is good.
Post a Comment