The sky has been blue and cloudless for something like 9 days in a row. I interpret this to mean that summertime is very nearly here. Ergo, I may quit homeschooling and go immediately to Eagle Island. And stay there until Fall.
The ice over the surface of the swimming hole at Eagle Island somewhat dissuades me. But I could overcome that.
Eagle Island is what we do all Summer. It's a state park with a big puddle to swim in, and fish in, and catch big ugly bull frogs in. They have a waterslide that's open Thursday thru the weekend. They have bar-B-Que thingys, and a frisby golf course, and a lovely walking path. You would hate it.
The arrival of Spring always makes me want to do two things:
1. Shrug responsibility to be outside.
and
2. Spend my tax return.
This has been a brief winter. Odd, that. I have worked too much and had no money, which seems a cruel irony. One consequence is that I have not been skiing. I like skiing. The only time I have been outside all winter, is when I have had to shovel the snow from the driveway.
In truth, I have nothing of substance to say this morning. Could you tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment