Monday, February 25, 2008

Sabbath

So, Lisa mentioned something at house church that I hadn't considered. We were discussing Sabbath. Is it a mandate for today? Her observation was that Sabbath preceeds the nation of Israel. Ergo Sabbath is a human-race thing and not just a Law thing.
What do you think?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So, no thoughts? The question of Sabbath isn't keeping you up nights? Hmmm, maybe it was just me.

KJP said...

The Sabbath is still applicable, however it does not matter if it is Saturday or not. It is the day you wait upon the Lord. (Must be a better term than wait but it would side track me to find it!)

Cathy said...

I'm with Kris - it's still applicable - but I would even go so far as to say it doesn't have to be a DAY - as much as a purposeful amount of time spent resting in God's goodness... do you spend 1/7th of your time reflecting on all that God has made? All he's done for you? I think it's an important guideline for keeping our hearts in check.

And besides - it gives me a perfect excuse for my Sunday nap.