I went to a real church again. Who wore panyhose and a vintage hat? Yep. I do things like that in public. And I wonder why I can't get a date.
This church is an enormous place. They have a campus. Each family is segregated by age before they even walk in the door. I have strong feelings about that, as you may recall. But I let D' go to a class with friends, anyway. That way I don't get too terribly self-rightous.
Yesterday, I got a wild hair and began painting my hallway. Painting is so much fun for me, and I never bother about details. This means that I do not tape. Ever. If you are the least bit particular about things being done correctly, then never paint with me. I'll make you crazy. I use a couple of old towels for drop-cloths, and I just move them around as I go. It makes for zero prep time and hardly any clean up. The color is a dark taupe, cool rather than warm. I bought it for $5 off the mismixed shell at fred Meyer. Love that shelf!
My house is an Easter basket of color. Each room is different. Some rooms have all different colored walls. Pink and chocolate, mauve and taupe, Terra cotta, blue, orange, green, and my bathroom is Opera House Red. Although, one day in a fit of decorating, I am going to hang green and white wallpaper in my bathroom instead. One of these days.
I was going to tell you about my publisher. Except, wait, I don't have one. Other than that minor detail, the book idea is going great! I was thinking about all the fantastic books that I am going to write so that I can support the kids and myself in the lap of luxury. I was going to begin with one on Poverty. Ironic, no? I could write on marriage and divorce and dating. I could write on living with an addict (a variety of addictions, take your pick). I could write on homosexuality, or infidelity, then one on single parenting, and then maybe do a devotional. Mostly non-fiction, I think.
The one thing I am not doing, apparently, is getting anything done. I need to go finish painting, or clean the house. Happy Sunday, friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment