Monday, February 11, 2008

Spell check is still not working.

Is it true that I have not spoken with you for nearly a week? How did that happen?
Johanna left me this morning, and I am quite broken-hearted.
The weekend was a flurry of activity. I had Johanna, and Kara's kids, and my own children with a basketball game, LaCrosse sign-ups, and house church. Plus, my garage door got repaired by some mysterious benefactor. (Thanks; a thousand thanks!)
The house is a mess, and I am needing a vacation.

Last night at house church we were discussing three chapters of Isaiah. Chapter 54 particularly moves me. You know how sometimes you can see something deeply profound and inspiring.....and nobody else sees it?
I have been deeply impacted by this passage. It has shaped the majority of my decisions and guided the line of my thinking for the past decade of my life. In my head, it's a really huge thing. But there I sat, surrounded by my friends, and I was at a loss for words to convey the importance of this well.
I am often frusterated by this inadequacy within myself.
When I am writting, I can chose elaborate words, and flowery sentance structure, to poetically and dramatically express the thoughts I wish to convey. But when I am talking, it just sounds goofy to speak that way. I sound goofy enough just regularly.
In fact, whenever I have to hear my voice recorded, I roll my eyes. It's true. I talk funny.
There's just so much to express!
What means more? "Have a nice day." or "My beautiful friend, have a glorious, magnificent, amazing day!"
Which would you rather hear? "Sorry." or "My heart is shredded when I consider the anguish I've caused you! Can you possibly forgive me?"
It's Anne of Green Gables, isn't it?
Alas!
I was born into the wrong century.

As for you, I pray that your day is magical beyond your wildest imaginings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha, the more sanguine I become, the more I realize that it's an unstoppable force. I was just telling someone yesterday that this video explains precisely how a sanguine really thinks, sees and believes. And the funny thing is that it's beyond all their control to believe other wise.
ha ha,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRYU4cqUAUs
let's go see this movie when it comes out, too)
~paj

Kelly said...

Yes, my life is like that! I watched the you tube link, and it's totally what I think is happening as I drift through my days!

Cathy said...

I'm so totally a "Have a nice day" kind of person. It just gets to the point so much more succinctly. It's all about praciticality in my head. That's why I'd never dream of having doilies in my house - they are just too much work to dust around. And why I never registered for china and why I don't own any. Why take up valuable cupboard space with dishes you'll only use twice a year?

But I love your goofy, flowery little self. And I love that our completely opposite personalities have remained such dear friends for so long. It's a marvel, really, don't you think?