My boys each have a dog. These dogs each have their own crate.
Now, because I am a magnimonious dog owner, I allow said dogs to sleep in said crates in said children's rooms.
M' will occasionally let his dog out of the crate to sleep with him. I turn a blind eye to this. Usually.
This morning, I stumbled to the coffee pot to find that my kitchen floor was entirely covered in garbage.
Used coffee grounds, old wrappers, bad food.
I stood there momentarily, whilst my brain switched gears. Then, I turned on my heel and awoke a very bleary eyed boy. You're out of your mind if you think I am going to clean up after that horrible beast.
I did, however, need to mop after the bleary eyed boy stumbled back to his bed.
So, here I am, with a clean kitchen floor and Monday's sun peaking over the horizon.
The week doesn't look to bad on paper. Our main evening gig is Lacrosse practice. We've got that 3 days a week for a while. During the days, we have all that school work and house work that never seems to go away.
I would love to get out for a run, and possibly go the gym. I don't know if I really will, but it's good to have a goal. Swimsuit season is just around the corner, and something should be done. I always think I'm going to look like one of those sexy lifeguards as I patrol my children at Eagle Island. Delusional? Perhaps. But it's my optimism at work.
Have a fantastic Monday, friends.
3 comments:
Something about boys and a dogs. I only had a dog because for some reason it has a very calming effect upon son.
But as with yours, he has been known to go through the trash at night....i think that is both of them if I was guessing...
Kells, I learned from our dog trainer that if you booby-trap your trash you will never have to suffer dog-rummaging in the night. Place a laundry basket full of empty soda cans that have beans or something in them on top of the trash can. When your dog tries to get into it the basket will fall and make a terrible racket that will scare the dog spitless. Usually dogs won't repeat the same mistake twice. See if it helps!
Better yet, I can threaten M with certain death if he lets the blasted beast out of his cage again.
Post a Comment