You know how some people talk and talk? How you can't even get a word in, and it seems like they are going to go on forever?
I am like that.
Just for those of you who have had to suffer thru that with me: allow me to offer a heart-felt apology. I am so sorry! Sometimes I can't seem to help myself. It's like I get all jazzed to be talking to a grownup.
The truth is that I realize what I've done before I'm halfway home. I am quite possibly more annoyed with myself than anyone else is with me. I want to be a winsome listener. The kind of soul who draws you out, and doesn't need to speak to connect. I am a failure.
Tonight we saw a movie. Enchanted. It is a funny movie that spoofs all fairy tales. The main character is me in a bad prom dress. I really liked the dress. She sings and is irritatingly sunshine-y.
It's a funny movie.
The princess leads most of New York in a musical number. The Prince thinks only of himself. There is a wicked witch, a glass slipper, a dragon, and True Love.
True Love's Kiss is central to the plot.
This is one of those concepts destined to derail me.
I am all determined to be a purposeful single. Right? I Kissed Dating Goodbye and all that nonsense. But, you paint me a fairy tale with True Love, and I am distracted for a week and a half.
Sigh.
Where is that knight in shining armor? Where is my dress? Where is the choreographed musical number?
Where is my audience?!
1 comment:
That was so well written. I think that you speak to the hearts of lots of women--even those of us who have our prince sometimes think that!
And the last line--brilliant.
Post a Comment