We've been here a little more than 24 hours.
Yesterday, we drove from Winnemucca, NV to Saratoga, CA. We made really good time, everyone seems to prefer a swift pace on the highway.
The boys and I stopped at a Cabela's in Reno. You should stop there if you are ever passing through. Large, taxidermied animals are all over the place to delight and amaze. Plus, they have an old fashioned shooting gallery. Way fun.
This morning we got up and went to church with my grandparents. The sermon was about the resurrection of Christ, of course. One thing the pastor kept talking about was "light." Jesus being the light of the world, and so forth. Light within our selves, that sort of thing. It struck me that "let there be light" was the very first quote we have from God. It's an important thing, light. I've been thinking about that all day.
The pastor read the story from Matthew. I noticed that the men who were guarding the tomb actually saw the angel when Jesus was resurrected. I had never noticed that before. I wonder how that went over, when they mentioned the whole angle thing to their superiors?
Jesus will sure not be ignored, huh? You can love Him or hate Him, but you will be changed by Him.
After church we came home to family, and a very large ham. Jenn and Charles were here with the baby. He's a cutie! Auntie Margi and Uncle Ross were here. They're pretty cute, too, I suppose. And Johanna, which is a word that sort of disappears as a whisper. You know..J-o-h-h-h-a-.... Or, so she claims. All of these, plus Granny and Grandpa, and me with the boys.
We're a rowdy, laugh-y bunch.
Ross and Charles kept taking turns leaving the table to 'Google' random trivial points of discussion. Such as, "why are rabid animals so averse to water?" or "why are people with nut allergies, allergic to peanuts, which are actually not nuts, but legumes?" It was a rapid, random, and often trivial conversation. My favorite kind. My people here all know how to laugh. I love them for that.
Now, I am very tired. And a little sunburned.
And facing the very real reality of a week becoming a vacation in my past. It's already going by too fast.
Tomorrow the beach. Tuesday, some forest. Wednesday, I think we will have some down time and tea. Thursday is Margi's. Friday is Jenn's. Then home again. See? Moving way too fast.
Tonight...
My cousin, Jo, is spending the night here. That way we can get an early start for the beach. I am going to go have a glass of wine with her, and maybe some leftover ham.
Happy Easter, friends.
2 comments:
G'morning! We're off for the beach! Isn't that worthy of Exclaimation! Points!? I! am! so! Excited!
Wish you were here....
Mmmm...Sunshine in CA-I'm So jealous! ENJOY! Soak it up:)
Post a Comment