Thursday, March 20, 2008

La Game

M's first Lacrosse game yesterday was seriously fun. Have you ever seen this game? The boys are all padded up, like in football. They run around with long sticks that have little basket things on the ends. They have to use the baskets to pick up the ball, and to throw the ball. They score like in soccer.
It rained, though. Like unto the days of Noah. I felt bad for the payers, because they were soaked to the skin, and had no shelter. D' and I huddled in the scorekeeper's tent.
I was wearing 2 winter coats. At the same time. It was cold!
No, we didn't quite win. The boys lost by one point in the last 15 seconds of the game. It was a nail-biter all the way.




I know that my pictures are dumb. Sorry about that. My camera works really great for up close, very still shots, with good lighting. Throw off one of those variables, and the pictures are no good.
My camera does not zoom. So, the picture of M' playing out on the field, he is the tiny speck in the center of the photo.




I forced D' to wrap up in this quilt. It belonged to

a stranger, which totally freaked D' out. He was alarmed that there were stranger cooties on the thing. I was alarmed that he was out in a torrential downpour without adequate clothing. Who would let their child out in the dead of winter without a coat?

No comments: