It's a fine day to panic. In my wisdom, I have saved most of the work that needs to be done for the very day we are expecting to leave for the coast. Yesterday, I took a nap.
The boys are going to see one stressed out mom today, poor guys.
One of my girlfriends was talking about a stress attack she had, that involved a four letter word, and throwing things. In front of her children. Now, see, this is the kind of friend I can appreciate. All of you who pretend that you are always calm and kind, and you scrub your bathrooms twice a week, and finish all your annual curriculum, I don't relate to you.
It's the people who get real messy with life that I can trust. The sort who say, "I have no idea why God does things this way." It's the ones with all the answers that make me nervous.
Have you ever sworn, and thrown something across the room? Glory! Do you see how freeing that would be! Perhaps I'll budget that into my day, just to blow off some steam. I don't know what four letter word I could say. I would be too embarrassed, I think, to use one of those words. Maybe I could say "Damn!" That one's not too bad.
Did I ever tell you about the time I taught my kids to say "ass"? It was in conjunction with a bible story. We were reading the King James Version, because the language there makes me happy. (My children cut their teeth on King James and Shakespeare, just because I am kind of a freak that way.) Anyway, it was an Old Testament story. I don't remember which one. The characters in the story were off on some adventure, and they had to saddle their asses. SO, later in the day, when we needed to get ready to run errands, instead of telling the kids to get their stuff together and get in the car, I said, "Saddle your asses!" Which caused peals of laughter. And ad nauseum repetitions. They, my sweet christian children, would say it at the least convenient moments.
I learned my lesson.
Perhaps I won't swear today, after all.
We are off to California this afternoon. Well, Nevada, anyway. The trip is going to take us two days in the car. The boys are excited about staying in a hotel with a pool, playing at the beach, and hanging out with their great-grandparents. I am excited about hanging out with family, and also the beach. Frankly, I could do without the hotel bit. If I could take my own bed when I travel, I would travel more. Oh, and also, if I were rich, that would help.
I will blog so that you do not have to suffer through one day of unsatisfied curiosity. I will also take pictures, but you know how that goes.
Pray us a safe adventure. Saddle up!
4 comments:
I hope you and your three asses have a wonderful trip.
Say hi to Granny and Grandpa for me.
Smooch you, friend.
Kelly, my mom told me that Grandpa went through a phase where he liked calling people "jackass", mostly because it annoyed Granny. So I always think of that when it comes time to swear.
Two days till I see you!!
Jackass is my all time favorite swear word!
Have a great trip.
Love you,
That is one funny story! Have a good trip...
I really liked the one about Balaam's talking Ass, I'd like to see that portrayed in a veggie tales adventure!
Post a Comment