Monday we did the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, the beach, and also dinner in Capitola. Tuesday, we did the Golden Gate Bridge, Muir Woods, and Ft. Point. Today is a day to relax. I am living like a tourist!
I am getting a little sun, a lot of exercise, and terrific time with family.
There is so much beauty here, but so very many people. The ocean seems to me the very best of places to be. It's a wonder that I don't live near it.
We've kept such a pace, that I have hardly had time to think. There is so much here that I want to capture permanently in my mind.
This morning, Granny was telling me stories about her own Grandparents. They were musicians. A concert pianist and a concert violinist who made their living during the Great Depression performing at Barn Dances. This Grandmother was also an elocutionist; she taught people to do public speaking. This grandfather did roofing when he wasn't fiddling or violin-ing. They sound very resourceful.
This home is a happy one. My grandparents have been married for 59 years. They generate a great deal of peace and joy and love among those whose lives they have touched. They have, in fact, touched a great many people of the world. They have raised 3 amazing women. They have been incredibly involved in the lives of all 9 of their grandchildren. They have now great grandchildren; 12, I think. They have visited the world, and worked extensively in missions. They have shown Jesus to people in language that is both understandable and authentic. Their lives resonate with beauty.
I love them.
I am blessed.
6 comments:
You ARE so very blessed! Hug your granny and grandpa tight and cherish the memories. They are so special!
love you and miss you!
kara
That sounds like they have presented a competely well rounded testimony.
What a wonderful way to live.
Jim
Kells Bells, actually, Granny and Grandpa had their 60th anniversary last November! Also, Isaiah is g-grandchild no. 13. But yes, they are amazing people!!
We are indeed so very lucky to have such great grandparents - not great-grandparents - Great grandparents!! This is exactly the legacy that I want to leave to my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. And, Lord-willing, I will!
Cousin J
Kelly,
Imagine my surprise when, after delighting in finding Nesters blog, I happened upon yours (via hers) and I actually know you! Somehow it feels a little weird reading all about your personal life, but I did just want to say hello and I hope you are enjoying your trip.
Blessings,
Amy Boer
p.s. Whitley and Wesley miss you a great deal!
Hi Amy! Doncha just love Nester? Welcome to me little spot on line.
I can't count, apparently. 13 great-grandchildren and 60 years of marital bliss. Hmm, I stand corrected!
Post a Comment