Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A touch of Destiny

I am reading a business book which discusses management, Jesus style. It's called Jesus CEO.
It's a funny thing, really, because this is not a book I would have picked up on my own. It was recommended to me by a friend who seems to have good taste in books. Plus, also, he's really smart. I want to be really smart, so I took the recommendation.

Now that I am halfway through the book, I feel motivated to seize control of a small country. By the time I am through, I might run for President. Heck, I would probably have a good chance!

It's interesting to ponder the way Jesus modeled leadership. Mostly I have considered that in terms of washing people's feet. You know what I mean? Be real nice, and serve others.
This is not so much the author's point.
She sees Jesus as a cutting edge world changer, which...duh! I don't know how I missed that. She talks about how He was convinced of His purpose, and He was a man of action, and how He motivated and inspired His team.

The whole point of the book is personal application. How can I be a leader, like Jesus was a leader?
You lead people, right? Either at your job, or at your home, or at your church. Look around, someone is likely following you.

Here's what I am thinking about this:
Do I know where I am headed?
Who is following?
Am I purposeful and impassioned?

There's a little room for re-evaluation, as I see it. I see my own leadership primarily in my home. The kids are following. Their education and parenting is the focus of my Passionate Purpose. And the goals there are well defined.

But what about in other areas?

I guess I need to infuse a little more inspiration into my daily life. Carpe Diem, you know?
Each of my little decisions today
add up to determine
where I am going,
and whether
or not
I am successful
in the purpose for which
God designed me.

Am I fulfilling my destiny?

Are you?

3 comments:

KJP said...

The best way to be a good leader, is to be a good follower...

Anonymous said...

That comment deserves a loud, "Here, here..."

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly!
I was at the bookstore after reading this blog,bought a book called "Midlife Manual For Men" by Stephen Arterburn. Thought it would come in handy when I get there someday. Found "Jesus, CEO" so I bought it, too! Hope it's as good as "Midlife" Too funny!
Will let you read it when done.
May help you understand the boys.
Hope you are having a great day.
Dad